Covers volumes 1-8 of We Were There by Yuki Obata
Super special guest Nancy Thistlethwaite, a senior editor for Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line, discusses the first half of the beautiful and devastating series We Were There with host Ashley. Nancy and Ashley get into why Obata’s work didn’t take off in America, which scenes punched them in the gut the most, why people who don’t ship Yano and Nanami just don’t get it, and find out which Disneyland Land Nanami is. Plus, you find out that Ashley really loves Yano’s t-shirts.
- We Were There is available from Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line (obviously!)
- Things Nancy has been working on: Amigurumi: San-X Crochet Patterns, Pompom Pokemon
- Quiz: Which Disneyland Land Are You? [Oh My Disney]
- Outro song: “Kimidakewo” by Mi (opening to the We Were There anime)
- Follow Nancy on Twitter @nthistlethwaite
- Follow Shojo Beat on Twitter @shojobeat
- Follow Shojo Beat on Tumblr
- Follow the podcast on Twitter @shojoandtell
- Follow the podcast on Instagram
- Follow Ashley on Twitter @AshMcD00
Comments, questions, concerns? Want to tell us how much you also love Yano’s t-shirts and think Take lacks a personality? Have suggestions for the show? Email shojoandtell [at] gmail.com or simply leave a comment on the episode page.