Covers all ten volumes of Strobe Edge by Io Sakisaka
First: Strobe Edge is an amazing title, and we take many opportunities to remind you of this throughout the episode. How do you not want to read a manga called Strobe Edge? If you need more convincing about how great this work from Io Sakisaka is, Alyssa (who runs the YouTube channel Anime Intensity) and Shojo & Tell host Ashley do a character conflicts rundown, discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of love triangles as a trope (also: Team Ren? Team Ando? Team Daiki? Why not... all of them? Or maybe we should be Team Ninako?), and gush about Sakisaka’s simple yet gorgeous art.
- Strobe Edge is available from Viz Media’s Shojo Beat line
- Yano from Kimi ni Todoke
- So it turns out Strobe Edge isn’t about disco, but After Hours is a dope EDM yuri manga available from Viz
- Viz announced that they have licensed Sakisaka’s series Ao Haru Ride (Blue Spring Ride)
- If you would like to read some more about the “dire geometry of the love triangle”
- Manga ranking cited for the popularity of Sakisaka’s series Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare
- Heart of Manga licensing information page currently listing Ao Haru Ride on the wish list
- The anime version of Blue Spring Ride is available on Crunchyroll
- Love Quiz: Which TV Love Triangle Are You? [Buzzfeed]
- Outro song: “Like Swimming” by Broke For Free, a really awesome electronic music producer your should support!
- Check out Alyssa’s YouTube channel, Anime Intensity
- Follow Alyssa on Twitter @AnimeIntensity
- Follow Shojo & Tell on Twitter @shojoandtell
- Follow Shojo & Tell on Instagram @shojoandtell
- Follow Ashley on Twitter @AshMcD00
Comments, questions, concerns? Need to gush about your OTP? Need to rant about how excited you are for Ao Haru Ride? Have suggestions for the show? Email shojoandtell [at] gmail.com or simply leave a comment on the episode page.